ATTENDANCE OFFICE STAFF
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
To report an absence, call or email our attendance clerk, Mrs. Robles.
- 805.520.6810 x1022
CLEARNING AN ABSENCE
Pursuant to AR 5113, parents shall notify the school and provide reason for their student's absence within 5 days. If a parent or legal guardian does not provide a reason for the absence after 5 days, the absence will be noted as TRUANT.
After a total of 12 absences during a school year due to illness, any future absences due to illness MUST be verified by a physician.
The only other way to release your student from campus early is to come to the office personally to pick him/her up. Identification will be required.
Students will not be released from a parent phone call. Students who leave campus without school permission will be marked truant and will be subject to discipline.
"VALID" EXCUSED ABSENCES
Pursuant to Education Code section 48205,
(a) Absences may only be excused:
- Due to his or her illness.
- Due to quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.
- For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometrical, or chiropractic services rendered.
- For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
- For the purpose of jury duty in the manner provided for by law.
- Due to the illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
- For justifiable personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral service, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, attendance at an employment conference, or attendance at an educational conference on the legislative or judicial process offered by a nonprofit organization when the pupil's absence is requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
- For the purpose of serving as a member of a precinct board for an election pursuant to Section 12302 of the Elections Code.
- For the purpose of spending time with a member of the pupil's immediate family, who is an active duty member of the uniformed services, as defined in Section 49701, and has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or has immediately returned from, deployment to a combat zone or combat support position. Absences granted pursuant to this paragraph shall be granted for a period of time to be determined at the discretion of the superintendent of the school district.
(b) A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefor. The teacher of the class from which a pupil is absent shall determine which tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence.
(c) For purposes of this section, attendance at religious retreats shall not exceed four hours per semester.
NURSE'S OFFICE STAFF
|April Espinoza||ex: 1015||Health Clerk|
|Lisa Kelly||ex: 1015||School Nurse|